Friday, February 11, 2011

W. African Dance Class



Since I've moved back to Orlando, FL I've gained several pounds (I'm being modest). Going from dancing 5 days a week and walking around a big campus to sitting in an office eating the high in fat mommy's island cooking is a drastic change for my body. It didn't take me long to realize that I was missing the sound of the drums and my body was missing the high energy, chaotic steps. I had to get back to it! So I tried to find some African dance classes in Orlando, but they were all
1. too expensive (well at least for my budget)
2. no drumming
Totally perplexed. I decided to contact the YMCA after my friend brought it to my attention, I audtioned, and VOILA! I'm BACK!!

So I want to invite EVERYONE (Adults) to join me every Saturday morning at 9:15 a.m. at the Wayne Densch YMCA. It is completely FREE! AND there is LIVE DRUMMING!!! How bout that?

Last week was the first class and it was a full house, unfortunately the drummers got caught in traffic and made it at the last moments of class, but we sitll got an amazing work out with the CD. This week the drummers will be there!

Friday nights at 7:15 p.m. is dance class for the kids. Also completely FREE! Ages 5-15. Just sign your kids in and you are free to leave. This class will be taught with a CD until kids are more familiar with what's going on.

Again last week was a full house so please get there on time or early to get your spot.
Much love and blessings to you all!
S. Prosper

P.S. look out for pics and videoes of the class in action :-)

6 comments:

  1. Hello,

    I am looking for an african dance class in orlando; are you still hosting this event?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! So sorry I'm just seeing these posts. I did not keep up with the blog, but I will be updating. I still teach let me know if you are interested.

      Delete
  2. I am coming to Orlando this weekend but my flight doesn't come until Saturday afternoon and I leave Tuesday morning do you know of any classes during that time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I apologize for not following up. I was not keeping up with my blog. I hope you had a good stay in Orlando. Let me know the next time you will be here.

      Delete
  3. I am also looking for african dance classes in Orlando. Do you still teach this class or know of anyone who does?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I apologize, I am just seeing the comments. I have not been keeping up with the blog. Yes, there are a few classes in Orlando. Let me know if you are still interested.

      Delete