Sunday, January 16, 2011

R.I.P Saleha Huuda



Photo:Saleha Huuda (left) Me (right) performing with African Student Union, UF

First, I want to welcome everyone to my blog. I've had this account for several months, but haven't had the time to post anything. It's a new year and unfortunately I had to start it off with devastating news about a fellow dance teammate being killed. Saleha Huuda, 21, was found near Gainesville Raceway. Someone called and reported a brush fire, as fire fighters put out the fire they discovered Saleha. Last night, I did a traditional Ghanaian dance at her memorial (she was Ghanaian) and it was so overwhelming you could feel her spirit so heavy in the building. She loved to dance, it has been two years since I've danced with her, but I remember she was very high energy and passionate. When we performed and I would get tired I looked over at her and my energy level would rise again. My last time seeing her was at the Nigerian Independence day party and she was on the dance floor.

Police have no suspects and there has been no arrests thus far. I ask that everyone keep her family in prayer and I pray that justice is served.

My new year started off depressing, but it showed me that every day is not promised. This year I'm going to live my life to the fullest and stop putting things off. So you will be seeing more of me on blogspot :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment